Life is made up of choices. It is easy to quit when the going gets tough. Sometimes quitting is the best decision you can make. So stay strong and don’t quit. In actuality you have to quit some things in order for change to happen. A strong mind will enable you to endure the fatigue that inevitably mounts. WTF…Wait…what!? Losing weight is for quitters.
Gotcha!! Yea, listen. There’s a lot of mixed messages out there. Today I’m untangling a twisted message about fitness and weight loss.
Yikes! What’s more scary than Pizza and Bagels at a gym?! THIS: According to the USDA – one-third of Americans are getting nearly half of their daily calories from junk food. Big Gulp, huh?
So then, eating healthy must be the solution to long-term weightloss…right? Yes and NO. I hear this all the time. “I eat “healthy”, but can’t lose weight, maybe I just have a slow metabolism”. Wrong. Remember, healthy food has calories too.
Losing weight is for quitters
Here are 7 things you should QUIT
- Quit believing that simply eating “healthy” foods will automatically cause weight loss. Journal your daily intake and calculate your calories everyday.
- Quit underestimating your daily food intake. Do you really count all your calories? Because, it all counts! Yes, even the nibbles.
- Quit looking for a new diet fad, trend, pill, remedy or quick fix. Embrace the truth, weight loss is hard. There are no short-cuts.
- Quit expecting maximum results for minimum lifestyle change. You must exercise and get sweaty on a regular basis.
- Quit impulsive food shopping. Plan your meals. Make your grocery list and stick to it.
- Quit setting unrealistic goals. Set small goals that keep you motivated on your way to your big goal. Reward your self for small achievements.
- Quit isolating yourself. ASK FOR HELP!
Okay, that’s my motivational pep talk/list for the week. I hope this post finds you on track with your resolutions. Here’s a big hug and a swift kick in the pants (if you need it).
Weight loss is hard, but not impossible. Losing is for quitters. Go ahead and quit…all you have to lose is weight and you can do it!
So there you have it.
What’s the dumbest fad diet you’ve ever tried?
How’s your New Years Resolutions coming along? Are you still on track?
***Disclaimer: Always check with your doctor first before starting new fitness routines to ensure that they’re right for you.***All opinions expressed are 100% my own.